Thursday, November 25, 2010

First Holiday

______________________________________________
A note from Mom:
Well - We have survived the first Holiday without Chad. It was a strange day. Very quiet. We went to my sister Diana's home. She also has a missionary serving in California. It is very hard!! But - it was so wonderful to get this e-mail from him today while I was there. I think it was pretty lucky for us that we actually got to hear from him today. The following is an excerpt from a letter I sent him yesterday through Dear Elder.

So - Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I just wanted you to know how thankful I am of you. A woman seriously could not ask for a better son. I'm grateful that you didn't give us too many problems growing up -- I mean, really. I know how bad it could have been. And, I'm grateful you didn't go that route. I'm grateful that you have chosen to go on this mission, even though you were not sure why. I know why - and I'm glad that you had faith in knowing that. I'm grateful that you are so smart - and you have a good head on your shoulders. I don't know exactly what path your life will take when you are done in Mexico - but I know that you will make something of yourself. I know that you will do what you have to be happy. And, to make others around you happy. I'm grateful that you have a good relationship with your dad. I absolutely HATE when father and sons shake hands. It just bugs me!! I'm so glad that you and Dad can hug. That relationship is so important, Chad. It is the beginning of how you will be with your children. I'm so grateful for that. I know that you will be an amazing father - because you have had a good example of one. Grateful Grateful Grateful!!! Thank you so much for being my son. And, being a son that I can be proud of. Thank you for treating me so gently and with such patience and love. I miss you!!!! I miss your hugs - and your kiss on the cheek every night. (No matter what time that was.)

I MISS HIM SO HORRIBLY !!! --Mom
___________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment