Monday, December 20, 2010

E-Mail #2: Looks like a CANCUN Christmas ....




Wow! So it has been an up and down roller coster. We took a 4 hour bus ride to Cancun and then 45 min to Puerto Morelos. Thats were I am now. My first night we went to meet some investigators and then to a meeting with the President. (They dont call them bishops here only presidents) Then we went home and planned for the next day. Our house is a crappy building but very nice to some people. The kitchen is tiny!!!! No microwave, tiny fridge and the cabinets. The bathroom is gross haha! But we have two rooms for storage and closet. We sleep in the living room where our desks are.

My companion is Elder Ortiz. he is from Guadalajara, Mexico. He speaks almost fluent english so we speak a lot of english. It kinda sucks cause I need to learn espanol. He is great though! Awesome guy. I love him to death! He is great at teaching the gospel and I have learned alot from him.

So my mission president is ok. We made alot of stupid rules. He has only been the new guy for like 4 months. We cant go see any of the temples! We cant drink coco cola. On christmas eve we have to be back at the house by 8 and christmas day we cant leave the house until 4 in the after noon! It sucks!

So I woke up today and my comp got a call from the zone leader. Im going to transfer just for one week and be the zone leaders companion. The place is called (Playa) It freaken sucks! Here i am getting used to it here and now i have to go somewere new. Im pissed -- like really! I met so many new people I want to teach and people that need me here. I wanted to spend christmas with this family in the ward (The Xooc) but now i cant! And the fist three days we got to ride bikes but mish prez says no -- too dangerous. So we walk like 20 miles everyday!

On the bright side i have met lots of people! There are a couple of really nice people in the ward. The ward is actually a branch like 40 people. I had to speak in sacrament meeting on sunday! Yea... crazy. all in spanish! There was a family from salt lake that was on vacation. Nice to see some americans!

We have a baptism on Dec 28. A nice middle age women. Ortiz wants me to baptize her. Pretty crazy!!! Haha We baptize people in the church in a tarp like thing. its like 4x4x4 haha

The food is amazing! The big meal here is lunch. Everyday we eat at a members home. Breakfast and dinner are crappy! But the food is way good. a lil spicy but really good!Everyone I talk to wants to learn english from me. Its crazy how you grow to love the investigators. I truly love them. We have one guy that his wife (she is 20) and he is (29) and they have a (7 yrs old) Yea!!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha! Its legal in Mexico. But they are married and she is a member. Her parents are the (Xooc) He has heard from the missionaries for 7 yrs and otriz said that he wants an american to teach him. So here I am. Its going to be hard but somehow i will get through to him.

A real big problem here is girls get pregnant waaaaaay young 13, 14 15 crazy and marrige. nobody is married. We have 2 investigators that are married but live with other people. We have 1 guy that his wife wont divorce him but he lives with a different one and has kids and everything. Its so hard. I definately have been humbled. People live in shacks here. Its crazy but they are all such nice people.Everone says hi, buenos dias, buenos tardes or buenos noches! Its fun!

Christmas! I guess i will be in playa for christmas with the zone leader.( no english) haha should be fun! But you need to call (01) 984-032-710 at 7-7:15 mexico time. I think its an hour ahead of u guys. Its a church i guess. I didnt get your package yet. I guess it takes like 2 months. That kinda blows but o well. Well see.

I dont know what else to say but I love you Mom! Love you Dad. Love you alenna and love you kenna! I miss you all so much. Its hard being here-- no lie. Like i cant express myself. I cant teach and im not really learning cause my companion speaks english. Ugh i miss home and my friends. Ugh its still fun but im just in a pissed off mood cause i have to leave for a week. Im ok :)

I love you all!

¡Feliz Navida! Love , MO

Go Bolts!

O! We had a ward christmas party. Ill send pics in the email.

**Click on the picture to see it up close and personal.



OH MAN !!!
Where the heck is this?????
___________________________________________________
A note from Mom:
I cannot believe that Chad is in Mexico -- let alone Cancun. Here is some information about where he is at.
Puerto Morelos is a town and sea port in Quintana Roo, Mexico's easternmost state, on the Yucatán Peninsula. The town is at the southern end of the municipality of Benito Juárez in the northeast of the state, about 36 km south of the resort city of Cancún. The marine terminal at Puerto Morelos is equipped to handle containers and is the largest and most important sea port in the state of Quintana Roo
Playa from what I can tell is actually in Cancun. (I think.....) He will be there for only this week.
Can't wait to hear from him on Christmas!!! --Mom
__________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment