Monday, April 23, 2012

E-Mail #71: Lots of white pics

Hey Mama!

So we had a really good week! We baptized Armando on Wednesday and Cuauhtémoc on Sunday. It was so cool to see how the spirit works. Armando suddenly changed everything and felt the desire to be baptized! Tuesday was Armando’s interview. He passed. But he said he wanted me to baptize him. Asencio was pissed! He had never baptized anyone here. He has been here for 4 months and NOTHING! So he was pissed when Armando wanted me. The whole next day he was pissed. Even at the baptismal service. Ugh! Whatever. But he got to baptize Cuauhtémoc on Sunday. It was cool. We did it after church. So we had 70 people come! It was sweet! The primary helped us out a lot!

O crap! So Tuesday was sweet! Elder Anderson came! When he walked in we all stood up. I was on the end of the row. He touched my elbow and said “Buenas dias” An apostle personally said hey. Then we all got up and shook his hand. Also, Elder Hoyos and Elder Villalobos came. They are 70´s. Elder Andersons talk was good. He didn’t just talk. He walked around the whole room. He spoke Spanish. Not very well, but the spirit for sure spoke. He talked about repentance. Also he talked about baptizing converts. Not just people, but people that are going to progress in the church. Then, Friday we had interviews with President. Mine was so good. Prez and I are good friends. I told him. “Alright I’m gonna be straight up. I don’t want to die. I want to keep working hard and finish my mission good.” He told me that when I don’t feel like working I need to pray and ask for strength to work hard. He also told me “I know you won’t die. I could never imagine one of my secretaries’ dying.” It was so good! It’s so cool that I have a special connection with him! I love him. Like two months ago he told me to read a book. Well I haven’t really been reading it. So he told me that since I have been a good boy and IF I finish the book in ONE month he will take me to the temple! IM SO STOKED!!!! I can’t wait. I’m reading like 10 pages every day! I can’t wait!

So changes are in one week! Crazy!!! I hope Asencio goes. I think he does too. He wants to go I think. But Prez told me in my interview to just love him and have lots of patience. He knows how not humbled he is.

So YES its getting HOT!!! Haha! But I’m used to it. Not a big deal. Cancun is sweet because the ocean breeze comes in. Not like were right on the beach but it’s nice. It’s better than Merida.

Miguel Angel finally got all his papers to get married. But the earliest date to get married is May 11th. You have got to be kidding me! Its sooo far!!! But at least he is ready! Also we have this lady. Her name is Diana. She has two kids Valentina and Desire. The girls want to get baptized but Diana says they need to wait like 2 or 3 months. UGH!!! You have to be kidding me! They're the people in the pics. But they went to the baptism, so were hoping to baptized them this Friday. Other than that, we have to find new people. We don’t have that many people.

Other than that, I’m doing good. I’m happy! I love the mission! I’m excited to talk to you guys! Please email Haji and Bryan. Let them know. I would love to talk to them. Tyler too! Well I have to still write Grandma and Kenna. I’m gonna yell at her for not paying for her gas! Haha! If she has a job she has to do it!

Love, MO
Baptism of Armando
April 18, 2012

Baptism of Cuahtemoc
April 22, 2012

(Also Investigators Desire - far left and Valentina - by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment