Monday, March 28, 2011

E-mail #16: I was very suprised at how much I really know! My spanish is alot better than I give myself credit ......


Hey Mamma!

So idk what happened last week. I think it was in a different file maybe but I read it today. Haha! Next week create a new email, instead of just replying. Maybe that will help. Who knows.

Ortiz´s is doing ok. He bought some special soles for his shoes and they said that will help. He ices and heats them everyday. Last week he went to Cancùn for a leaders thing and he got a blessing from Prez. He said it was very powerful! Like a patriarachal blessing! He is doing better. Sometimes they hurts really bad and others he walks 50 miles an hour! He´ll be alright. He has 6 months left in his mission. Crazy how fast time flies!!!

Holy crap! Mike in the Philipines!!! Wow! What a good experience!!! Joel is on track to leave in the summer if he is a good boy! Haha. Jake is in the MTC!!! Wow! I know how that feels! How is McCoy?

I was sick for a few days but Im good know. Just the normal.

Thank you so much for the money!!!! I seriously had nothing!!! I owe people money! I have 70 pesos on my mission card too. The mission finally reimbursed me. Ill be good for a while cause I dont have anything to buy...I think. Haha

Your phone looks sweet!!!! Pandora is so cool! You get to have it on your phone with like a million others! Arent you sooo cool!!! Tell them your battery isnt holding a good charge. But you probably use it alot. The apps will use alot of battery!

My hammock is sweet! Im used to it now. Its so big! I LOVE it!

I sent a journal home that is for like companions and stuff. I have a real journal that I try to write in everynight. I bought it when I bought all my church stuff. Ill probably need another one. So if you could tell Diana to get another one. Its black and simple and spiral. She should know. With my name on it Elder Chad Keith Mayberry and on the back she put some cool stuff like Mexico merida mission October 2010-2012.

So anyway thats all of your responses. Haha

So everyone here goes to the beach on Sundays. Like after church and lunch. They go to the beach for a few hours as a family! How nice! Im so jealous! They get on the bus and in 5 mins they're there and come back after the sunset! UGH!!!!!

So this week Ortiz went to Cacùn for a meeting so I was in Playa with Elder Allen. Elder Allen is from Utah. Haha of course! I only have 6 more weeks in the mission than him. So us two greengos were all alone for 2 days in Mexico! I was very suprised at how much I really know! My spanish is alot better than I give myself credit for and my gospel crap too! It was really fun cause I was kinda the senior companion. We did really good! We contacted lots of new people! Taught alot! It was alot of fun! I learned alot from him. We spoke spanish the whole time! So when I got back to Puerto Morelos I spoke spanish with Ortiz for a day or 2. Then yesturday I didnt speak it much! Ugh! Its so hard cause he doesnt speak spanish! I just need to focus! I know I can do it!

Today were going to Playa for district meeting and were gonna stay there till Wednessday because we have a Conference for Tuesday and Wednessday. Should be fun! Im gonna learn alot of new stuff.

Ortiz hasnt got his package from you. Do you know whats going on with it. No rush but its been like 2 months. Idk when you plan to send a pakage for me but when you do I would like some PEANUT BUTTER and HONEY. There so expenive here. and in really small containers. SOCKS! I can always use socks. And also can you try to find mini Book of Mormons. They're pocket size. If you do let me know. I want one in Spanish and English.

My BOM reading is going good! I dont think I´ll be able to finish by the 1 of April. But Im in Ether 10. Yea!!! Almost done!!!

Im doing good though! We have been teaching lots of new people. So last week we had an appointment. But that appointment fell through and so did our back up plan. So we were just about to leave when we passed a members house. This member has a baby sitter and she was going to go watch the kids. We knew who she was but never tried to teach her. So we talked to her and asked if we could sit down and talk. She said yes. We taught a lesson. She wants to be happy! I bore my tetimony about how the gospel is happiness and peace in our lives. It isnt a religion, its life. She cried a little and we set a baptismal date for April 9. I think she will be baptized! :D

So we have this couple. They're kinda investigators. They're getting married so they invited us. Their wedding was last night at a christian church. Ortiz didnt want to go cause it was a different church. I told him we should just paas by after to say hi and congratulations. So we ended up going. We were a litttle early. The church was an outdoor church kinda. So we were at the back and listening. The preacher was all "Aleluia! Glory to God. Thank ya Jesus crap!" Haha I looked at Ortiz and he is literally so uncomfortable. He had never been to a different church. He didnt like it at all! We ended up saying hi and leaving. Ortiz is a very nice person but if they're not Mormon he doesnt really care for them. He thinks really negative about everyone else that has a different religion. It bothers me sometimes. I dont care about the religion. Just if they're happy! If they are catholic and happy. Ok! Good for them! If they dont want to listen to us thats fine. Its was fun though! Haha

So anyways.. Im good. Just living the dream. Its crazy I almost have 6 months! Sweet! Transfers are in 3 weeks. Time flies! Im doing good. I miss ya mama! Love you tons! Tell Dad I miss him and would like a letter soon. Cause I miss him. Tell him to suck it up and write me. Hahaha Tell Aleena she doesnt need to be dating a grandpa. Hahaha that was too funny! Tell her I love her and miss her tons!

Well guys! LOVE YOU!!!!!

Love, Mo


Elder Allen in Playa



Jose Luis' family


With Eliazar at Burger King.
WHAT ?????


Painting Sis. Ubia's house


No comments:

Post a Comment