Monday, December 19, 2011

E-Mail #53: I'M IN CANCUN !!! My new area is just like Puerto Morelos WITHOUT the beach! Haha!!!

My new place--

One of four apartments here


-----------------------------------------------------------------
So I woke up Thursday morning. It was a different day because I had to go to the offices early to finish some work. 8 elders went up so they could be home for christmas. I got a call around 9:30. "Mayberry -- Youre getting transfered, maybe today, maybe next week. I dont know were youre going. Ill call you back." Haha! UMMMM ok! So 2 mins later. "Mayberry your leaving ASAP!!!! Your going to Leona Vicario, Quintana Roo!" Its a SMALLL town outside of Cancùn! So I literally packed everything that I had in the offices and then went to my house to pack everything else. Then I went and caught a bus. Everything happened sooooo fast!!! I had to take the crappy bus because the nice buses dont pass through my little town! It took 6 hours!!!! So long! And I was allll by myself. That was kinda nice :) My new area is just like Puerto Morelos WITHOUT the beach! Haha!!! Its a little bit smaller. There is like 25 people that go to church. Its a Prayer House! Its pretty crappy that church building! But the people here are awesome! I miss the small towns. The kids are so cool. They play with a stick and a coke bottle and their happy! Very humble people. Everybody here lives in huts. I LOVE IT!!!! There is lots of people to teach too. My new companion is Elder Palacios. He has 4 months in the mission. Im his "Step dad" in missionary language. Pretty cool. I saw him when he first came to Merida right off the plane! Im excited! Changes are in a week so who knows what will happen, he might leave. Every monday we have to travel to Cancùn. Its 45 mins away. We go to Cancun to buy food and write home. Because in My "Chan Pueblo" there isnt an internet place. Haha!

Johnathan got babtized! I was so pissed that I couldnt get to be there. But he got babtized. Thats what matters :) I have a couple of pics. I dont have much to say. But thanks for the pics and the card! It was really cool!!! :D I love it! I love ya lots! O YEA Chargers -- were coming back!!! I wore my tie, thats why they won on monday night! :) Ill wear my socks and tie on sunday :) Love ya lots! :)

Love Mo

Have a Merry Christmas Moma!



This is when I got to my new town.

This is how people get around. Their called taxi trisi.







Elder Palacios





Here we burn our garbage in the jungle!





Noche Blanca Navidad.

Zone baptisms. There was 10 people that got babtized

No comments:

Post a Comment