Saturday, September 10, 2011

E-mail #39: He was a little scared but he said "I trust you guys, Ill do it"

Hey! So just sittin here writing you on MY computer at MY desk! Haha Love it!

Im getting fat!!! This whole office thing! We eat alot of crap and dont walk as much as i normally do. Yes I have a cell phone. All day everyday. But every companionship has one in the field. But since were secretaty´s we each have one. On some days its cool. But others it doesnt stop!!!

There is like 50 areas just in Mérida. and like 25 in Cancún. There is alot. My area is the area were the office is. Walking from one end to the other might take 45 min. Its a good size area.

Im so glad to hear that Binny is doing good. I would like a letter from her next week :) All the pics look fun! I cant wait to get home and make some Yucateco food! Haha! Yea the pic of everyone at young womens didnt turn out. I couldn't see anything. The pics from coris looked great! How fun! She is getting old! Hhaha! Three kids! Wow the time flys! Its was like yesterday that we were just swimming in her pool! Grandma looks good! This week I missed everyone alot! All the family and friends! I havent missed anyone in a while but it must be all the stress from the offices.

So Im gonna need a FULL report of football! Ugh! My beard, girls and football. Thats what I miss! Haha I dont have anything close to that right now! My 11 months is Tuesday! Here we come! :) Only a month and Im gonna burn a shirt!

So Elder Muñoz (Sec of Financials) and Elder Garcia (Assistent but he is gringo) they were at the stake center which is right next to the temple... A couple went to the temple (NON members) just to see what it was because they were researching about the church. They saw the temple and then went to the stake center to find someone to talk to. Well they found Muñoz and Garcia. They said they wanted to learn about the church and it was interesting. So they wrote there adress and said that we would pass by. Turns out they live in my area!!!! So we went to there house. they were waiting for us and everything. Well just the husband, his wife was working. We taught him about babtizm and that familes can be together forever. He is really intersted in Temples and families. They dont have kids yet but soon. We invited him to babtizm and he accepted. He was a little scared but he said "I trust you guys, Ill do it" Then we went back and his wife was there. We also invited her to babtizm. She accepted. There so perfect! They ask questions. And there ready on time and give us COLD water :) We had a Movie Night last night. They didnt think they could come, because they didnt finish work till it started but right at 7....there they were. We had 4 investigators come to our movie night! We watched a Joseph Smith movie. The only problem was that during it Prez called me and told me that there was 0 babtismal records in for the month of August. I guess someone called him from Mèxico and said that the Misiòn Mèxico Mèrida had 0 babtizm for the month of August! He said that he was coming to the office at like 9 or 9:30. So I was flippin out because the office was dirty and I didnt know how it was possible. So we went to the office after the Movie night and cleaned. But he never showed up. Turns out when Im done for the month, there is a button that I have to push to send ALL. I didnt know that! My trainer never told me that! So I felt pretty stupid! I was so stressed! But I think its all good now. I hope so.

Were doing good we have 3 people to be babtized on 24 of Sept and 2 people to be babtized on 1 of Oct. Were doing good. Being senior companion is different. More responsibility but I like it. Its fun. My companion is ok. He is just so slow at everything he does. He doesnt remember anything. So I now know that I have to do everything!!! Haha! But Im good. Im happy. We have people. I love the mission!!! :)

I miss all of you guys mucho! I love ya guys!!!! Have a good week!

Love, MO

No comments:

Post a Comment